PhD student: visa
1. How can I get a visa for pursuing doctoral studies at HSE University?
1. Prior to applying for a visa, you must be admitted to HSE University (for more details please follow this link).
2. Carefully check your passport: its expiry date must be at least 18 months away from your planned date of entry into Russia. It must also contain at least 4 blank pages for your Russian visa and entry/exit stamps. If you do not have enough blank pages in your passport, you must apply for a new one.
3. You need an invitation in order to get an initial single-entry student visa, which will allow you to enter Russia only once and will last for 90 days. A multiple-entry student visa will be issued upon your arrival to Russia.
3. Where can I apply for a student visa?
Visit a website of the Russian Embassy or Consulate (please see the full list here) where you plan to get your visa, and check the list of required documents and the procedure. You can book an appointment in advance, but please keep in mind the visa invitation processing time.
Please refer to our guide to check your visa. If you find an error in your visa, contact the Russian Embassy or Consulate, which issued your visa.
4. How do I get myself listed on the federal portal of Gosuslugi?
Do not hurry to book tickets until you receive your visa. After you get it, inform your program manager on your planned date of entry not later than 10 days prior to arrival. It's necessary to be promptly listed on the federal portal of Gosuslugi as an arriving foreign student. If you send your data later than 10 days, your request may be rejected.
In a couple of days before your trip, ask your program manager to check whether you are listed on the portal using this instruction. You can additionally ask the manager to provide you with the scan of a certificate of enrollment to present at the border point.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.