RVPO - Temporary Residence Permit for Education
Starting from 1st of January, 2023 under the Federal Law No. 357-FZ of 14 July 2022, RVPO can be applied for by:
Students of Russian state educational or scientific organizations studying full time degree programs of bachelor’s; specialist; master’s; internship; assistantship; postgraduate.
*Students of online programs, as well as students of international preparatory programs are not eligible to apply for RVPO.
Advantages of RVPO
- Your permit will be valid until the end of your study course + extra 180 calendar days;
- You will receive a visa for the entire period of RVPO without any need of extension each year;
- You will be able to stay in Russia without leaving until the end of RVPO*;
- You may get employed while studying;
- You will be eligible for free medical services under the OMI policy.
* Note: You may stay in HSE dormitories only until the end of your study course as indicated in your study documents. Obtaining RVPO doesn't extend your period of stay in the dormitories longer than your study course period.
Limitations of RVPO
- RVPO is only valid at the region where you study;
- If you work, your employment will be cancelled upon expiration of RVPO;
- You can’t stay outside of Russia over 6 months (in total during a year)
- You can’t commit repeated administrative offence (2 and more times) within 1 year;
- You may only apply for permanent residence permit after you graduate.
You may be eligible for RVPO if
- You have not been subjected to administrative expulsion or deportation from Russia within the last 5 years;
- You have neither administrative offences within 1 year, nor criminal record for grave legal offence;
- You don't consume drugs or psychotropic substances;
- You have no infectious diseases dangerous for public health
List of documents required to apply for RVPO
- Filled in application forms (x2);
- Passport of the applicant, and notarized translation of the entire passport
- Photo 3,5 х 4,5 mm;
- Certificate proving the absence of criminal record with apostille (from your country or embassy of your country in Moscow);
- Documents proving the enrollment into the educational institution - as a student of HSE you may order and obtain these documents at Student Service Center*;
- State fee payment confirmation;
- Registration slip;
- Migration card;
- Medical examination certificate and obligatory fingerprinting certificate;
- Copy of diploma of previous education.
- Important: All foreign documents should be translated and verified by a Russian notary.
Medical certificates should be issued only by licensed state medical organizations in Russia.
*PhD Students can request documents about education for RVPO through their doctoral school
Why you may be rejected
- If you fail to provide some obligatory information or provide false information;
- If you apply damaged or expired documents;
- In case you refuse to undergo obligatory medical examination and fingerprinting
- If you commit any administrative offices;
- If you leave Russia for permanent stay in another country or stay outside of Russia over 6 months;
- If you change mode of study to online or part-time, or terminate studies before graduation.
How to apply for RVPO step-by-step
Step 1: Get registered at https://mc.mos.ru/ru ;
Step 2: Collect and upload the requested documents;
Step 3: Get confirmation and receive appointment by email;
Step 4: Apply all documents in person at Sakharovo migration center
Step 5: Wait for up to 38 working days and monitor the status, if approved, go to Sakharovo migration center to get your RVPO stamp (and visa, if applicable) in the passport.
Step 6: After your receive a stamp of RVPO and a visa (if applicable) inform HSE Visa and Registration Center by sending scans to the email email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.