Bachelor's, Master's and Specialist students: visa
1. How do I get a student visa to study at HSE University?
2. Carefully check your passport: its expiry date must be at least 18 months away from your planned date of entry into Russia. It must also contain at least 4 blank pages for your Russian visa and entry/exit stamps. If you do not have enough blank pages in your passport, you must apply for a new one.
3. You need an invitation in order to get an initial single-entry student visa, which will allow you to enter Russia only once and will last for 90 days. A multiple-entry study visa will be issued upon your arrival to Russia.
2. How can I get an invitation for a student visa?
Your invitation will be available in your HSE Personal Account within 45 days from the date when all required documents have been successfully uploaded. Please refer to our guide to check your visa invitation. We do not advise to book tickets until you receive a visa invitation.
3. Where can I apply for a student visa?
Visit a website of the Russian Embassy or Consulate (please see the full list here) where you plan to get your visa, and check the list of required documents and the procedure. You can book an appointment in advance, but please keep in mind the visa invitation processing time.
Please refer to our guide to check your visa. If you find an error in your visa, contact the Russian Embassy or Consulate, which issued your visa.
4. When can I enter in Russia?
We do not advise to book tickets until you receive your visa. You will be able to enter Russia not earlier than the date indicated on your visa.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.