Bachelor's, Master's and Specialist students: visa
1. How do I get a student visa to study at HSE University?
2. Carefully check your passport: its expiry date must be at least 18 months away from your planned date of entry into Russia. It must also contain at least 4 blank pages for your Russian visa and entry/exit stamps. If you do not have enough blank pages in your passport, you must apply for a new one.
3. You need an invitation in order to get an initial single-entry student visa, which will allow you to enter Russia only once and will last for 90 days. A multiple-entry study visa will be issued upon your arrival to Russia.
2. How can I get an invitation for a student visa?
Your invitation will be available in your HSE Personal Account within 30 days from the date when all required documents have been successfully uploaded. Please refer to our guide to check your visa invitation. We do not advise to book tickets until you receive a visa invitation.
If you are a student in senior years of studies, you should request a visa invitation from the coordinator/manager of your degree programme, by sending them an application and a copy of your passport’s bio-page
If you are a first-year student and are studying under a quote, you can confirm your visa invitation’s status by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Where can I apply for a student visa?
Visit a website of the Russian Embassy or Consulate where you plan to get your visa, and check the list of required documents and the procedure. You can book an appointment in advance, but please keep in mind the visa invitation processing time - minimum 30 calendar days.
Please refer to our guide to check your visa. If you find an error in your visa, contact the Russian Embassy or Consulate, which issued your visa.
Where can i live ?
Figure out where you will live beforehand
If you plan to reside at an HSE University dormitory, you must acquire an accommodation referral.
- If you are a first-year student, you may receive an accommodation referral via your personal account. To receive it, you should specify the date of your arrival to the Russian Federation in your personal account. Three days prior to your arrival, this document will appear in your personal account.
- If you are a student in the senior years of study, you will need to contact Lyubov Barminova, at email@example.com and request an accommodation referral. Please send her your full name, faculty, year of study and date of arrival in Russia.
If you do not plan to stay in a dormitory, the Student Housing Centre can help you select an alternative option for your accommodation.
HSE University staff members can give you consultation regarding issues you may face while trying to find accommodation, as well as provide support to students living in rented accommodation, should any situation occur. More information may be found herе.
More detailed information on accommodation in Moscow can be found here.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.