For Teachers (Regular Work Visa)
1. How can I get a visa to work at HSE University?
1. Before receiving a single-entry work visa for a period of 90 days, with which you may enter the Russian Federation only one time, you will need an invitation. A multiple-entry work visa will be processed after entry to Russia in line with the timeframe set out in your contract, but for no more than 1 (one) year.
2. Prior to the issue of an invitation, you must sign an employment agreement with HSE University.
3. Check your passport: it should be valid for a minimum of 18 months from the date of your planned entry into the Russian Federation. There should also be at least four blank pages in your passport for pasting the visa and placing entry/exit stamps. If your passport does not have enough blank pages, you must obtain a brand new passport.
3. Where can I submit documents for my visa?
Visit the website of the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation (a full list can be found – here) in the country where you plan to obtain your visa and check the list and procedures for document submission. You may sign up for an appointment, but please consider the timeframe for processing your invitation.
While checking your visa, make sure you refer to our visa sample. If you find a mistake in your visa, immediately tell a representative of the Consulate/Embassy where you obtained your visa about this.
Is it possible to receive a visa in a country where I do not hold citizenship?
If you do not reside in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original of a notarized translation of your residency permit to the HSE Visa and Registration Centre. The period of validity of your residency permit should run for at least 18 months from the start date of your Russian visa.
The translation of your residency permit should be notarized, either in Russia or by the Embassy/Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country of residence and certified with the Embassy/Consulate’s seal.
2. How can I obtain an invitation for a work visa?
You must request an invitation from the subdivision, which plans to invite you to work.
You will then receive an application form, which should be completed in English. The invitation will be forwarded by the host subdivision at HSE University.
While checking your invitation, please refer to our sample form, paying particular attention to the date of entry, the duration of your passport, the city and country where you plan to apply for the visa. Please note that it is impossible to make amendments to your invitation once it is issued.
4. When can I enter Russia?
We recommend not purchasing tickets before you receive your visa. You cannot enter Russia before the start date of your visa.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.